Gone are the days when we only had to make do with one seasoning for different dishes. Now there are a lot more seasonings to use, and cooking is so much more fun. Big Tree Farms Coco Aminos Seasoning is one of such. There are many ways you can use this seasoning. People even use it as an alternative to soy sauce. Several other brands produce amino seasoning, but in this article, we will be reviewing that of Big Tree Farms.
About The Brand
Big tree farms is an organic-based food company in Bali, Indonesia. This company works in collaboration with over fourteen-thousand small farmers in creating transparent, equitable social products. They grow, process, harvest, and manufacture organic foodstuff, including coco aminos, coconut nectar, and coconut sugars. The mission of big tree farms is to build a sustainable able cultivation and production line that would positively impact the climate. Big tree farms venture into creating diversified food forest permaculture, where over six million trees are supporting a stable and rich ecosystem.
The Nira produced by this company is obtained from the coconut tree flower blossom’s nectar. The sap is extracted on Indonesia island by organic farmers. Nira is a core ingredient of all their products. This girl has a low glycemic index and can be used in disrupting condiments and sweetener categories. Big tree farm produce benefits the environment, farmers, and families.
Is It Tasty?
Big Tree Farms Coco Aminos Seasoning has a rich supply of essential amino acids, about half the sodium content of soy sauce, and low glycemic. You will find this product in four different great flavors: original, tangy BBQ, gingery lime, and teriyaki marinade.
- Original flavor – This reminds you of warm umami with sweet and salt to it. Big Tree Farms Coco Aminos Seasoning adds extra flavor to your main dish and snacks. You can add it to your marinade and enjoy a good time. The ingredients used include sea salt, water, nectar, organic coconut blossom.
- Tangy BBQ – This has hints of tamarind and chipotle to give it a slightly smoky and perfectly peppery touch to grilled foods. Here is a great way to enhance your barbecue and wow your guests. The ingredients used here include apple cider vinegar, tamarind paste, organic nectar from coconut blossom, sea salt, water, citric acid, natural flavors, organic flavors, and tamarind paste.
- Gingery lime – Spicy ginger and bright lime is the best match for your stir fry. They bring a mystery flavor that would make your food more interesting. The ingredients used here include concentrate lime juice, organic flavors, organic nectar from coconut blossom, water, and sea salt.
- Teriyaki marinade – That is made from coconut aminos. It has similar benefits to coco amino. This new flavor is the secret to elevate your meals to a terrific level. Enjoy a perfect and savory sauce for your chicken, tofu, pork, fish, veggies, and beef. The ingredients include sea salt, organic nectar from coconut blossom, raisin juice organic concentrate, organic oil from sesame, organic extract from ginger, and water.
Why Big Tree Farms Coco Aminos Is Better Than The Competitors?
What distinguishes Big Tree Farm from others is the fact that it is mostly organic and comes in varieties of flavor that gives you more options.
What are the benefits?
Here are some benefits you are likely to get from using this liquid coco amino seasoning:
1. Rich in amino acid – Your body needs amino acid to build its protein. Amino acids are also essential for muscle building, immunity, cell signaling, and gene expression regulation. While your body can produce some particular amino acid itself, there are others where it needs to depend on your diet. It is called the nutritionally essential amino acid. The manufacture of most coconut liquid amino claims their product supplies seventeen of these amino acids.
2. Gluten-free – Big tree farm coco aminos seasonings are gluten-free, and this is good for people who are sensitive to gluten. A significant population of the world has celiac disease. People with celiac disease are unable to eat gluten, so they usually seek gluten-free products.
3. Mild taste – People often say liquid aminos, in general, taste milder than soy sauce. While soy sauce is described as having a rich flavor and taste, liquid aminos are said to be milder, and a little bit sweet. Also, coconut-based amino acids have notably fewer sodium amounts than soy sauce, making it a healthier alternative. Since both coconut aminos and soy sauce have a similar texture, flavor, and color they can comfortably substitute the other in several recipes.
4. No chemical preservative – Big Tree farm does not use a chemical preservative in making its coconut amino seasoning just like most other coconut aminos brands. Sodium benzoate is one preservative popularly used in soy sauce. There have been reports of it causing allergic reactions in people. With coconut liquid aminos, you will not have to worry about it.
5. Reduces hunger – There are five main taste sensations, including sweet, sour, salty, bitter, and umami. Umami is a great flavor described as being meaty or savory, which is triggered by free glutamate. This free glutamate stimulates the umami flavor, and this makes the food even more enjoyable.
Studies have shown that eating umami flavors soups and broths before the main meals will reduce hunger feelings and snack cravings.
One research examined women who overeat. Their brain activity showed that when these women eat chicken broth contains monosodium glutamate. It is a compound that causes increased brain activity in regions that causes self-control when viewing food images.
However, it is still not clear if the umami flavor causes reduced calorie or weight loss throughout the day.
A bottle of this seasoning is more affordable than its competitors. Although, it may be more expensive than your regular soy sauce and not as easily accessible. If you can’t find it in local grocery stores, then consider shopping online.
Company Address, Phone Number, and website
- 10516 Route 116
- Suite 400
- Hinesburg, Vermont 05461
5 positive reviews
We are doing Whole 30, got this since it is compliant. It is SO GOOD. A little sweeter than soy sauce, but honestly I like it better. And certain soy products aren’t great either, especially for women (soy causes fluctuations in estrogen levels.) Great on chicken, veggies, and fish!!! Will be using this instead of soy sauce from now on 👌
I ordered it specifically to make an egg roll bowl recipe. It made all the difference. It changed the flavor from salty to delicious! Just like eating egg rolls, without the wraps.
Did you know soy is the cause of fibroids in your body? It also will make them get bigger. Found this out when I saw my doctor & questioned my diet. Told her I was eating a lot of stir-fried chicken & vegetables w/fried rice made w/brown rice. She asked me if I was using soy sauce? When I informed her I was she told me to stay away from soy sauce, soy milk, anything soy. Hence as to why I use this product & enjoy eating my Asian cuisine. Thank you for this 🙏🏽
We are unable to use soy sauce and were turned on to coco amino. The taste is amazing and they work great as a soy cooking substitute. They make a great teriyaki type hamburger, in stir-fry, or alone on rice.
I switched from soy sauce to coco aminos due to my infant being allergic to soy. We enjoy these so much, I may never switch back when I’m done breastfeeding. They are fantastic!
5 negative reviews
Item came with a busted lid and seal popped inside the lid leaking inside a bubble wrap. Since I’m not sure if it’s good anymore with the seal broken I would appreciate a replacement bottle. I cannot return it.
Wouldn’t know the goodness or otherwise of this product as it arrived broken and is a non-refundable item. Unfortunately, as I will have to find this product elsewhere.
I received it broken!!!!!!
THE CAP WAS BROKEN AND IT LEAKED ALL OVER. I WOULD LIKE A NEW ONE. I HAVE PURCHASED THIS BEFORE AND IT IS GREAT SO IT’S NOT THE PRODUCT BUT THE PACKAGING.
Where to buy
Link to the product page: http://www.bigtreefarms.com/coco-aminos-1