Perfect amino by Body Health is a bottle of tablets (150 pieces) that contains all 8 essential amino acids (Lysine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Methionine, Tryptophan, and BCAA (Branched Chain Amino Acids).
Is it safe to use?
Perfect amino contains a proprietary blend of the following:
- L-Lysine Hydrochloride
As stated in the product description in online vendors, it doesn’t contain binders, dyes, coating, stearates, fillers, and binders. Likewise, it has no animal products, dairy, GMOs, rice, wheat, corn, soy, gluten, yeast, and fat. It’s a crystalline pharmaceutical-grade supplement and vegan.
A. What time of day should it be taken?
It’s taken 30 minutes before the training with food but without proteins and fats. Five to ten tablets a day. Body health recommends taking supplements daily to receive their maximum benefits. You can take the amino tablets with grains, vegetables, and fruits. If you took proteins and fats, you have to wait 1 to 2 hours after your body digests them before taking the supplements.
B. How long does it take to kick in?
Hours after taking the supplements or after the first and second time of taking perfect amino as suggested by the manufacturer. Their website mentioned that you may get an increase in muscle strength after taking the recommended dosage – first to the second week. Coupled with exercise and recovery period, you may experience an increase in endurance, muscle strength, and mass every week.
C. How many can you take in a day?
It’s recommended to take 5 to 10 tablets. Dr. David Minkoff MD, BodyHealth.com’s founder, suggested that men should take a dose of 5 to 10 tablets or 1 to 2 scoops of XP powder. Women should take 5 to 8 tablets or 1 to 2 scoops of XP powder every day. Taking more than 30 tablets daily is not recommended. Bodyhealth tells that you should not take other protein supplements after taking Perfect Amino as it can lead to lowered BPS/min overloaded digestive functions and increased nitrogen catabolites.
Athletes who are in continuous training and exercise should take daily dosages
What are the side effects, if any?
Possible side effects due to overdosage and such comprise stomach bloating, nausea, stomach problems, skin whitening, high blood pressure, and headache. Too much protein can overwork kidneys.
What are the benefits?
Body health, the perfect amino, maker detailed some of the benefits of their product in Amazon product description, their official website (bodyhealth.com), dailybenefit.com, and other online vendors.
- The supplements provide extra nutrition for a weight loss program as it can increase metabolism, aid in burning more calories, and building muscle mass. The tablets contain fewer than one calorie.
- The manufacturer’s website states that the tablets are body available which doesn’t end up as acidic waste or residues in the body compared to other amino acid products.
- It contains all the eight essential amino acids that other amino acid supplements don’t have.
- Quick absorption – According to Body health, Perfect amino takes 23 minutes before it can be absorbed compared to amino acids taken from foods.
- Body health described that Perfect amino doesn’t make metabolic waste because 99% of the supplement is used for growth and repair purposes thus no nitrogen waste. Compared to other protein sources, the perfect amino utilization rate is 99%, meat, fish, and poultry – 32%, BCAA – 1%, egg protein – 48%, and whey, and soy protein – 18%.
- The manufacturer stated that Perfect Amino is better than Collagen, BCAA, and Whey combined.
- As per their product marketing description, perfect amino helps in burning fat and gaining muscle without adding calories.
What is the price? How does it compare to competitor products?
The price depends on the online seller, discounts, and shipping fees.
|Bodyhealth (manufacturer’s site)||300|
Company Address, Phone Number, and website
- BodyHealth, 707 Cleveland St., Clearwater, FL 33755
- Monday – Friday 9 a.m to 5:30 p.m. EST at 1-877-804-3258.
Warranty Info or guarantee, if applicable
Body health stated its NSF as a guarantee of the quality of the product and rigorous testing. The company also detailed its 100% highest quality assurance.
5 positive reviews
- Daniel T, a verified buyer, left a review on body health’s website. He said that he lost 52 lbs while increasing his muscle mass and after using it, his muscle mass is steadily increasing.
- Nadine Z, a verified buyer of body health, reported that she is getting stronger. The supplement is helping her gain muscle strength as she is a triathlete approaching the age of 60.
- An anonymous verified buyer from the Body health website left 5 stars as he/she loved the product during his/her use of perfect amino for the last six months. The reviewer experienced less sore even after hardcore workouts.
- John M from Amazon reviews praised the product. He took 5 tablets daily every morning and he experienced a diminished ankle, left leg swelling.
- Tim Goering from Amazon reviews also left 5 stars as he noticed a difference after using it for his pre-workouts.
5 negative reviews
- An anonymous dissatisfied swimmer from Amazon reviews wasn’t amused by the product as he left a 1-star rating. He said that he saw no changes in his physique, performance, and energy after using the product during his six days per week workout on resistance and cardio training.
- Jonathan criticized the products of unlisted chemicals. He blamed that something in the pills (cleaning agent or detergent used in cleaning equipment). The perfect amino pills gave him stomach ache which is not present when he didn’t take the supplement.
- John C of Amazon reviews reported no difference but he said it could be from his intake of protein from eggs.
- Joseph Arrigo, from Amazon reviews and 81 years old, was disappointed with the product as he didn’t experience a decrease in the body.
- Lonnie A Freiburger Jr of Amazon reviews left 1 star because of the product’s price and broken capsules.